ABOUT THIS EDITION
The INTER-ELO Consultoria was responsible for this first edition of the GDIB in Portuguese. It is a free downloadable booklet that can be used by submitting the Permission Agreement.
The GDIB was translated to Portuguese under direction of GDIB Expert Panelist Maria Cristina (Cris) C.R.Carvalho, Partner of InterElo Consultoria. Go here for her biographical sketch
InterElo is an organizational development consulting firm based in São Paulo - Brazil. It consists of experienced coaches certified by the International Coach Federation, talented mediators, and highly-qualified consultants with expertise in talent and leadership development, career management, mediation and diversity.
Its value proposition is sharing knowledge to build an inclusive and collaborative working environment supporting continuous learning for individuals, teams, and organizations to achieve organization goals.
InterElo Consultoria helps organizations:
- Define D&I strategies
- Implement projects and manage processes
- Analyze and map installed diversity programs to identify strengths, development needs, and potential threats
- Review Recruitment, Performance Management, and Training & Development processes
- By offering workshops to empower multipliers, partners, managers and employees
- Promote strategic discussion about the importance of D&I, having the GDIB as the conceptual basis
One of the InterElo's focus on D&I is to encourage Brazilian organizations to adopt the GDIB. For further information go to: http://www.intereloconsultoria.com.br
Viewing, Printing, and Binding the Portuguese Translation Edition
Computers and printers vary widely. Much thought has gone into the Portuguese Translation Edition of the GDIB content and design. Our goal is to help readers have a positive, learning experience resulting in engagement, retention of information, and excitement about diversity and inclusion. The colors, font, and style are all thoughtfully created to attain that goal. Thus for optimum viewing and printing, individual viewing and printer settings may need to be adjusted. If you experience technical difficulties, please seek assistance from your local technical expert.
Tips for Viewing
- View full screen, single page at 100 percent.
- Adjust brightness controls for higher brightness.
- If you see two or four pages side by side on the screen, adjust your viewing settings.
Tips for Printing
- Please print in color. Colors in the Portuguese Translation Edition of the GDIB have intentional meaning and enhance reader understanding.
- Use 24lb. or 28lb. bright white or higher quality paper for brighter colors and sharper print.
- Print duplex or double sided to protect the environment and reduce cost. You will need to check your printer settings to do this.
- The Portuguese Translation Edition of the GDIB is designed to work on both US Letter and A4 paper.
- In most cases the printer should not reduce the print size. If so, you may need to reduce your printer settings and set to Print Actual Size.
- The Portuguese Translation Edition of the GDIB should print back to front so that when you pick it up from the paper tray it should be in reading order. If not, adjust your printer settings.
Tips for Binding
- We find that a spiral binding works best. By using a clear plastic front and back cover, the vibrant colors are visible. Spiral binding allows the booklet to lie flat for easy reading and study.
- The left side can also be stapled so that it reads like a book. However, it will not lie flat.
- We strongly advise against using a clip in the upper left corner especially when it is printed double sided. Using a clip may seem like a good, logical, and inexpensive option but it makes the even-sided pages very difficult to read.
Generally, the Portuguese Translation Edition of the GDIB follows the guidelines provided by the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), a worldwide initiative to make the Web more accessible for persons with disabilities, which is a critically important D&I goal. As this 2016 GDIB goes to press, and while we have designed this edition of GDIB with accessibility in mind, we still have some work to do. For that reason and for further accommodation we have also provided an Alternate Format version. See information under Versions on this page.
OBTAINING PERMISSION TO USE THE Portuguese Translation Edition
Please download the permission agreement. You must sign and we must execute the permission agreement even if you have already signed the general GDIB permission agreement. Use of the Portuguese Translation Edition requires signing this document.
The mechanics of filling out the permissions agreement need to be followed closely. (1) download the agreement (2) save it on your device (3) key in the information and sign by typing your name (3) save it to your device again (4) send it as an attachment to Julie.email@example.com. Download here
This is a Microsoft® Word version of the Portuguese Translation Edition of the GDIB content with no graphics. It is useable for persons with disabilities. To request this version, send an email to GDIB@diversitycollegium.org.
Please explore other pages on this general GDIB site. If you are interested in using the GDIB logos, the slides and other items and want to customize or translate them you are welcome to do so following the guidelines.